11 Apr 2018

WORDLESS WEDNESDAY - WEDNESDAY HODGEPODGE





small talk



more participants here




1. April is National Jazz Appreciation Month. Are you a fan? If so what's a favorite you'd recommend to someone new to jazz listening?

I like as music Jazz, but I can't think of any special title.

2. Mandolin, ukulele, harp, accordion or banjo...which would you be most interested in learning to play? Or do you already play one of the instruments listed?

Banjo is quite cheerful, harp romantic, but I do not want or cannot play any instrument.  I prefer listening.

3. Do you judge a book by it's cover? Elaborate. You may answer in either/both the literal or figurative sense of the word.

I don't really know it could be,  usually I read the resume and see if it is interesting or not.

4. According to a recent study the ten most nutritious foods are-almonds, cherimoya (supposed to taste like a cross between a pineapple/banana), ocean perch, flatfish (such as flounder and halibut), chia seeds, pumpkin seeds, swiss chard, pork fat (shocking! but I don't think they mean bacon), beet greens, and red snapper. Are any of these foods a regular part of your diet? Any you've never ever tasted? Which would you be most inclined to add to your diet?

For me it's simple. I don't care what I eat it just has to be good and tasty.  I never tasted cherimoya, chia seeds, and  red snapper I even don't know what it is. Probably I can't buy it here either.  I wouldn't eat any insects or roasted worms.

5. Besides a major holiday what is the most recent thing you've celebrated with your people? Tell us how.

The most recent was Easter, but we didn't do anything special. But there are upcoming birthdays to celebrate. 

6. Insert your own random thought here.

No special thoughts, just what do I serve as supper tonight ? And what to do on Mr. G's birthday, he doesn't want to celebrate. I think I will invite two friends for an afternoon cake and coffee.






14 comments:

  1. The cat is adorable. love the caption small talk too! I'm sure we could find some insects somewhere amongst all the Thai street food for you to try, perhaps tossed in chia seeds though might be a big ask!
    Wren x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to look and then look again, and that’s always the sign of good pictures.

    https://readerbuzz.blogspot.com/2018/04/voodoo-donuts-redux.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been meaning to comment on how handsome dear Arthur and Rosie have become with age. You know they are my favorites.
    I like my food tasty and now nutritious, as I am trying to turn over a new leaf after some bad cholesterol readings.
    I put a nice older Jazz piece on my blog, a group Jack introduced me to.
    Off for the weekend to care for my grandchildren. This is the first time I will be alone with them overnight since Quinn was born! I have lots of plans!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gattina,

    It just occurred to me I haven't seen an all white cat in a long time. It looks like he's found a buddy. :) My daddy played the banjo when I was young. I don't know if he still does but you're right it's a cheerful instrument.

    ~Curious as a Cathy
    A2Z iPad Art Sketches 'Jars & Jelly'

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful cat! Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such kitty cuteness!

    I love jazz. More the sound of older jazz through the swing and big band era.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the smile - these shots are adorable!
    Thanks also for linking up at https://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2018/04/bedtime-at-biltmore.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Afternoon tea and cake sounds like a good way to celebrate a birthday. I hope you enjoy whatever you do and your husband has a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love these photos of Arthur, so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love those pictures! Arthur and his friend :-)
    I eat almonds pretty much every day. Never tried chia seeds yet but I'd like to!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am not much of a foodie but I love my desserts. I was eating almonds in chocolate. Does that make it healthy?

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !