15 Nov 2017

ABC WEDNESDAY - S



Deeply sleeping



Oh ! I am surprised



I don't want to be scratched with your back scratcher !!



Strange there are twice the same Arthur on the screen !



If you think I am scared of a few dinosaurs .....




I smell salmon ! is that possible ??








WORDLESS WEDNESDAY




more participants here





HODGEPODGE

1. What takes you out of your comfort zone?
When I have to take one of my cats to the vet ! There is first the battle to get her in the cage, then the concert during the whole trip, when I return to my comfort zone I really need to be comforted ! I am out !

2. Your least favorite spice?
A mexican mixture, we had Chili con carne for supper

3. What's a small change you'd like to make?
I don't now if it's small that depends on the person, but I would like to throw out our bathtub put in and a shower  ! I think it becomes dangerous with the years when we become more and more rusty.

4. Do you enjoy visiting historic homes? If so, of the homes you've visited which one was your favorite? What historic home near you is open to visitors? Have you been? Southern Living rounded up eleven of the best in the southern part of the US and they're as follows-

Monticello (Jefferson's home in Virginia), Nathaniel Russel House (Charleston SC), Swan House (Atlanta), Ernest Hemingway's home (Key West), The Biltmore (Vanderbilt home in Asheville NC), Mount Vernon (Washington's home in Virgina), San Francisco Plantation (Garyville, Louisiana), Windsor Ruins (Port Gibson Mississippi), Longue Vue House and Gardens (New Orleans), Whitehall (Palm Beach FL), and Pebble Hill Plantation (Thomasville GA)

Have you been to any on the list? Of the homes listed which would you most like to visit?

As I live on the old continent, we have so many historic homes dating even before America was discovered so it would be impossible to list all I have visited in and out. It's very difficult to say which one was the nicest. The last one I have seen was The Royal Palace in Brussels. I found it very beautiful. From your above listed homes I haven't seen any or I don't remember, I saw Elvis home, yes !!

5. What's something you think will be obsolete in ten years? Does that make you sad or glad?
I don't know how I will be in 10 years, and maybe with 84 my tastes have changed ? For the moment nothing makes me sad. Glad makes me new inventions which makes my life easier, like a GPS, a smartphone, or timers on machines, that way I can do my housework while I sleep. (Dishwasher for example)

6. Insert your own random thought here.
I start to think about Christmas gifts. The worst is my grandson ! He has his birthday now on Nov 17, then in Holland they celebrate more St. Niklaas on December 6, then Christmas, and then finally Christmas on the 24th ! That makes 3 gifts for one little 7 year old person !







13 comments:

  1. Wonderful pictures ... I can relate to the sleeping one, having the flu already for 11 days, I sleep a lot

    Have a splendid ABC-Wednes-day / - week
    ♫ M e l ☺ d y ♫ (abc-w-team)
    http://melodymusic.nl/21-s

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings from Knoxville, Tennessee! It's been awhile since I've visited. Your cat photos are fabulous and I love the caption beneath each. :D It's great reading your Hodgepodge responses. I agree with you on tossing out the bathtub and replace with a shower. If we planned to stay in this house forever then I'd like to replace our tub for shower only. Four years ago when I had acute diverticulitis I could barely walk which made getting in and out of the bathtub quite difficult. It was then that I realized that our next home will not a bathtub as the only way to take a shower. My birthday is in December and as a child, I often got shortchanged on getting gifts for both occasions. DH always made sure my birthday was never missed and always got me something even if it was a small something. He always made my birthday special which means a lot to me. :) Have a good week, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You make me miss my cats. Cats are so expressive.

    https://readerbuzz.blogspot.com/2017/11/could-we-replace-liquor-billboards.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darling pics! I think young boys are the most difficult to buy for. Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a lot of gifts and celebrating. What a lucky little boy! :)

    Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi from Long Island, NY. I love your photos of the cats.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Gattina,
    I enjoyed reading your hodgepodge answers. That's a lot of gift giving events in a short time for sure. I think it's nicer for a little one to have a birthday before the holidays instead of right after, though.
    I understand your concerns about the safety of getting in and out of tubs. When we renovated our main floor bathroom we put in two very sturdy bars to be able to hold onto when getting in and out. Now for our master bath renovation we took out the tub and are only putting a shower in. Hope you have a nice end of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I say get rid of the bathtub! A shower is so much easier and if you feel you need somewhere to sit: get a seat installed as well! That way you will be safe even when very rusty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the double-Arthur picture on the laptop screen!
    I'm with you about the comfort zone. It's very exhausting for both kitties and us to visit the vet!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes get rid of the bath tub. I haven't had a bath for years and my bathroom does not have a bath just a lovely big shower with grab rails in case I slip on the soap. My grandson's birthday is on 20th December so does get lumped in with Christmas sometimes. Happy Birthday for 17th Toby, can't believe you will be 7 already time goes so fast.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful photos of your kitties in their various poses and love the S captions ~ very creative!

    Happy Week to you,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wonder if your kitties ever wonder what ABC Wednesday letter you're taking their photos for.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !