21 Jun 2017

WORDLESS WEDNESDAY - WEDNESDAY HODGEPODGE

1. The first day of summer rolls in later this week. What are ten things you'd put on your list of quintessential summer activities? Will you try to manage all ten this summer?
First I will make a round trip through Ireland, from Dublin to Dublin, then rest, then probably holidays in Eastbourne UK, then rest, during August my friend from France will come and there is a lot to visit, then rest, so my plan is made and fulfil even more than ten ! 

2. Do you collect seashells when you're at the beach? What do you do with them once you get them home? What's your favorite place to comb for seashells? How many of these 'best beaches for hunting seashells' have you visited? Which one would you most like to visit?

Calvert Cliffs State Park (Maryland), Jeffrey's Bay (South Africa), Sanibel Island (Florida), Shipwreck Beach (Lanai Hawaii), Ocracoke Island (North Carolina), Galveston Island (Texas) and The Bahamas

I used to collect seashells wherever I was, but then I had so many that I only kept a few and the others went to the bin. I can't count the beaches I have visited during my life. And now I don't want to visit a beach but lay on it and visit more interesting things than sand.

3. At a snail's pace, shell out money, come out of your shell, go back into your shell, drop a bombshell, happy as a clam, clam up...which 'shell' phrase could most recently be applied to some event or circumstance in your life? Explain.

For the moment I come out and return into my shell, it depends on the weather

4. What summer activity do you dislike? Why?

Pull out steady growing weeds and garden work in general, because I don't have a green thumb

5. What's something you see as quickly becoming obsolete? Does that bother you?
Some of my friends, yes it bothers me because they have changed so much getting older or old ! 

6. Insert your own random thought here.
As it is early morning and already quite hot, I think how to spend my day in this heat. I will start with swimming. Which bathing suit should I wear ? 








******








more participants here


11 comments:

  1. Love the photo of the cat by the cat sculpture! Sounds like you have some interesting places that you'll be visiting this summer. Hope you enjoy swimming this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I kind of enjoy weeding the garden. There's something I find satisfying in the job. Enjoy your day! Stay cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think cats like to pose. Although they won't admit it...

    https://readerbuzz.blogspot.com/2017/06/the-scream-photo-booth-at-art-night.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't have a green thumb either. But, we do have an amazing amount of things that just grow on their own here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you have some exciting plans for this summer! My mother-in-law just returned from Ireland and had a phenomenal time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That kitty photo is outstanding - he appears to be posing nicely for you!
    Thanks for sharing with us this week at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2017/06/tidying-up-nest.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sounds like you're going to have a wonderful summer of traveling and spending time with friends. Enjoy!

    I like your header photo of the garden with the cat statues. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My mother was part Irish so I knew I had some Irish in me, but I found out via a Ancestry.com that I'm 40% Irish. I've always wanted to visit Ireland, but now I want to go a lot more.

    What beautiful cats!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good eye! I love how they seem to be avoiding accepting each other.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are wonderful plans, its always nice to travel and see the world. Thanks for stopping by and have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree with you on the gardening. I love to have a garden, but weeds and grass grow so quickly! Fortunately I now have a landlord who does that (or not if the weather just won't cooperate).

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !