3 Apr 2017

WEEKEND REVIEW April 2

On Saturday it rained and this reflected exactly my mood ! I just did some shopping and then met Nicole to have a coffee together before returning home. It's very hard for her to stay home because she sees Charlie in every corner. The whole week I had a terrible lack of energy.

Sunday was a tourist attraction at the Hougomont farm a whole village of 1815 was built around the farm.



There were many tourists from all countries who walked around and as it was just lunch time they could see what was eaten at that time ! For drinking there was no problem it had always been beer apparently !

Then I went to Nicole who had her daughter and granddaughter there to keep her company. It was the first time that I was in her flat after Charlie's dead. It was so strange, not to hear him barking when I rang the bell, the apartment looked empty ! We sat on the terrace, it was beautiful sunshine.




One of the last pictures of Charlie.


5 comments:

  1. Hi Gattina - sorry about Charlie ... always so difficult. I won't be around much in April as I'm A-Zing ... I'll read, but probably not comment .. cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  2. A good way to experience past times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes' I've heard that beer has been the beverage of choice for many centuries. According to my history teacher, it was safer to drink beer than water because water used to be full of nasty bacteria.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please know that I am thinking of you and Nicole with this sad loss.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh so hard to lose our 'fur babies' ~ You are a good friend to your friend ~ lovely photo of Charlie ~ thanks,

    Wishing you delight in your days ~ ^_^

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !