6 Nov 2015

FRIDAY's FAVE FIVE

The 1st of November is a holiday in Belgium and I think the weatherman had some glasses of wine too much because it was so warm that we could sit in a T-shirt on Nicole's terrace.



It was like a summer holiday and we enjoyed it very much. Can't remember when or if that happened last time.



Nicole had bought new bathroom furniture and we had to laugh because when she opens the small cabinet over the sink it looks as if she had a whole shop display because of the mirror ! Very confusing.

2. The flowers in my pots on the terrace had done their job and had completely faded.



I hate garden work but it had to be done, so I pulled the rotten plants out and replaced them with fake flowers. At least I will have a nice colorful view in this dull, gray winter time.

3. Mr. G. who had put Oscar the lawn mower robot in his winter bed in the basement, had to carry it up again and mow the lawn ! It had still grown. Usually it stops growing in October.

4.



Three days later when the above picture was taken, I sat with a thick pullover in front of Ilona's wood burner ! It rained and it was cold outside, so we had a hot cup of tea chatted and watched TV together. What can you do else when the weather is so lousy.

My cleaning lady arrived with a big cold, no wonder with this roller coaster weather. I only hope she won't give it to me !

5. I did some shopping and also looked for a bathroom lamp, ours is old and broke. But I didn't find anything I liked.

In the afternoon I went with 253 photos of Charlie to Nicole, to chose one portrait ! She wants to paint him on a canvas. Finally we found one which was suitable.



Meanwhile the model was sleeping happily at our feet.





more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.

12 comments:

  1. Oscar had to make a reappearance but nothing to do with global warming as that does not exist. Lordy, how many products do women need to look normal?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought that bathroom cabinet was a shop window! The weather is very warm here for November but no sun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that was some bathroom full of cosmetics...we are having strange weather here, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's warmer than usual here this week as well, and rainy today and supposed to be tomorrow. I'm just glad it is not snow. We had to get one more mowing done as well but I am hoping that's it until spring.

    That bathroom does look like a store!

    Good idea to put some colorful flowers out to brighten things up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love days like that, and even more so when unexpected!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how your white kitty photobombed the picture you took of the flower pots. Sneaky kitty!
    At least you got one nice warm day on November 1st. That fireplace does look very inviting and cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was wondering about that bathroom cabinet and the amount of stuff! Good thing you told us there were mirrors involved. It didn´t look so bad then...

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL to the bathroom mirror reflection. We have put the mower into it's hibernation and it won't be coming out. We've had an incredibly warm fall wondering when the first big snow is going to hit. Fireplace, friends and tv sounds like a wonderful way to while away an afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your weather sure is topsy turvy. It was nice to have a sunny and warm weekend holiday. Charlie is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That changeable weather can do odd things to your body and mind! Take care. (I'll take the t-shirt on the patio kind if given the choice and I bet you would too!)

    Pretty Charlie -- a great subject for an artist.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The weather still doesn't seem to have settled. It seems that it is still quite warm in most of Europe.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, this post is pleasant, my younger sister is analyzing
    these kinds of things, thus I am going to let know her.



    My homepage; indian restaurants in brussels centre

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !