2 Oct 2015

FRIDAY's FAVE FIVE

1. The week started with aqua gym, and we felt our muscles ! It made also hungry so Dominique and I returned to the restaurant where we had been last week for another plate of mussels ! It was delicious.

2. Probably for the last time this year I put Oscar the lawn mower robot on the grass and he turned around in circles ! The grass had grown rather high and was still a little wet so he had a lot to do ! And while he was working I prepared my posts for the next day.

3. We still have very sunny weather although it is very cold in the mornings around 7°C and then in the afternoon more than the double. I did some garden work, so I hope now its finished, except I have to take out the plants from the pots once they have all faded !

4. It was already a long time that I wanted to visit Pairi Daiza a privately owned 55-hectare (140-acre) zoo and botanical garden. 



Ilona and I walked from India to Africa to China and Europe and admired the beautiful buildings, tropical gardens, plants and semi precious stones. For animals it is a real paradise as the the enclosures are so huge that sometimes we couldn't even see the animal. The well being of these animals comes first and the visitors only in the second place. But different cafés, restaurants, tea rooms and snacks could comfort them and goats and ducks were asking for food ! One duck pinched me in my leg because I didn't want to feed it with a chips ! I will write a separate post about this amazing place !

5. Next weekend is the "parcours des artistes" (the path of artists) in Waterloo. There are 128 participants. Our group is also part of this exhibition which leads to different houses, exposition rooms, and shops all over Waterloo.



It's quite a long way to visit them all !

To prepare our exhibition room we all brought our paintings which we wanted to expose and put them on the panels.




It was a lot of work but also a lot of fun ! By noon we had finished !  My panel shows the colorful cats of course !

Over the weekend we will be very busy and hope that we have a lot of visitors and of course also buyers !




more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.

9 comments:

  1. That zoo looks amazing! Like you could get lost there for several days. Can't wait for the extra post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gattina - I do love mussels - and sounds as though you've lots going on. This weather is just stunning and I too am so enjoying it. Cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, I do envy your easy access to good mussels! And Belgian frites -- who can resist?

    I'm impressed how many continents you and Ilona managed in one day ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are getting so much rain this week, we might have one more mowing to do before winter. It would be nice to have an Oscar to do it!

    The zoo and garden trip sounds like a lot of fun. Wow, that's a lot of artists to visit. I hope you do get a lot of visitors and buyers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A good week -- and the 'path of artists' sounds like it will be so wonderful; (for those like myself who are admirers, as well as for the artists themselves like you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so diligent with your water gym. I really need to get into an exercise program. I know I will benefit in so many ways!

    Your visit to Pairi Daiza sounds delightful. I love that the animals come first. I look forward to reading about your adventure there. Naughty, duck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The zoo garden sounds very interesting. Maybe you will sell a painting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another exciting art exhibition! May it be successful! Looks like it was a lovely day to visit a zoo. There must be lots of walking there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That zoo/garden sounds like a fun place to visit.
    The exhibit where you displayed your paintings was a fun weekend for you, I hope. I hope you sold a cat painting!

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !