25 Dec 2014

THE FLYSWATTER

Letter : F

My grandpa, after lunch used to have his afternoon nap. Therefore he lay on the sofa and snored peacefully. He was all round, round head, round face round body. And he was bald. The flies loved my grandpa's head and used it as a kind of airport. They walked across the smooth surface and the poor man woke up because it itched.

I lived with my grandparents and was maybe 4 or 5 at that time and wanted to help him to get rid of the flies. I knew that my Grandma kept a flyswatter in the kitchen. So I took the flyswatter, stood behind his head and as soon as one fly landed on grandpas skull, I slapped on the fly with all my strength to kill it. What I hadn't realized was, that my poor grandpa woke up in pain, not because of the fly, but because of the blow on his head !  I will always remember his face when he saw me with the flyswatter in my hand ! I felt very bad, I hadn't want to hurt him. My grandpa, although having been disturbed in his sleep, laughed out loud and thanked me for my good intention. He really was the best grandpa in the world !







8 comments:

  1. Your grandpa looks so jolly I think he should be wearing a Santa suit. I thought flyswatters were only needed here!!
    Happy Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. olalalalalalalala Gattina.
    You were a pip of a child.

    Merry Christmas to you and Mr G and family
    xoxoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great story! You were just trying to be helpful. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice story about your childwood! Your grandpa looks very nice on the pic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that photo of your grandpa. He looks so kind.

    ReplyDelete
  6. He looks like my grandpa - he was perfect also!

    ReplyDelete
  7. sounds like a sweet man! I can see that happening {:-D

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweet story!

    Teresa @ Eden Hills

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !